Emergency Loan Application
The Campus Support and Intervention Emergency Loan program is available for students who have experienced an unforeseen financial emergency. Students may receive one loan per/semester not exceeding $1,000. Students are highly encouraged to consult with the Financial Aid Office and their respective academic unit prior to applying for an emergency loan.
- Currently enrolled
- Good financial standing with USC – does not have a negative balance in collections
- U.S.A. issued Social Security Number
- Must demonstrate need by providing documentation verifying the emergency
What is an Emergency?
Family emergency, loss of employment, natural disasters, medical emergencies and other unexpected issues that suddenly change your financial circumstances
- CSI may approve loans of up to $1000 per student. Please allow three to five business days for processing.
- For loans larger than $1000, students may appeal for their requested amount in the application. CSI will review the request, which may extend the loan processing time by three additional business days.
- Emergency loans must be repaid through Student Financial Services within 90 days.
- If an emergency loan is not repaid within 90 days, an additional 10% annual interest rate will be applied and sent to collections.
- Failure to repay will also result in students becoming ineligible for future emergency loans
- CSI reserves the right to decline any application, regardless of eligibility.